Friday 27 September 2013

Dealing With Urges

We don't identify our enquirers or customers, but being able to read about some actual enquiries may be helpful for others' education.  Here's an enquiry that may ring bells for you.

"Occasionally when I have a need to urinate about three or four seconds before I arrive at the WC there is a premature leak into my underpants. That's a worry when I'm out but less so at home. Is it perhaps psychosomatic as the urge often comes just as I start making espresso coffee."

ATTENDS could work quite well here.
There are a couple of things that I can comment on here. .... >

Coffee and bladder leakage. 
Anecdotal evidence has suggested there is a link between coffee consumption and bladder leakage.  However to my knowledge, there has been no conclusive research done on the subject.  Basically, the problem isn't big enough to justify the research money. But many people find a connection between making drinks, drinking them and the urge to pee.  Mixing drinks can cause issues too - like beer and coffee - beer and water etc.

It's really about personal management. As men age, they need to become more aware of what triggers the 'urge to go' and make sure they avoid these triggers when they can't manage them appropriately. 

A good habit is to always go to the loo before you leave the house. And, if you are in a bar or restaurant, go to the loo before you leave so you don't get an urge in your car on the way home. That can result in fast driving to get home before you have an accident!

1 comment:

  1. This reminds me of my brother-in-law's advice: When you get older make a habit of never missing an opportunity to have a pee.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to ask questions or make a comment Anonymously - we will reply within 48 hours